Sunday, January 7, 2018

All About Layering 2


Hello again!


For my second card, I decided to use the Winter Rose stamp set. I love how beautiful the Roses are.  I must admit it was a little daunting at first trying to figure out how to layer the roses but the guide was so helpful.

6x8_Winter_Rose.jpg
I used the Cool Summer Night inks and Memento Tuxedo Black for stamping the roses.  I didn't have the dies for this set so I fussy cut the flowers and it was easy enough to do so.  To assemble the card, I die cut the Doodled Lace Cover die with white cardstock and adhered it to the cardbase. I also added some leaves diecut from Fantasy Floral 3D die set behind the roses.  The centre rose was adhered with foam adhesive for some dimension. For the sentiment, I stamped Happy Birthday (from Birthday Greetings stamp set) on black cardstock and white heat embossed it. Then I cut it down to a thin strip and cut the fishtails at both ends of the sentiment and adhered it to the card with foam adhesive.

This is rather fun and addictive... more to come.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful write-up, Kary!! The color combo is sophisticated and gorgeous! FABULOUS job on Layering 2!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fun, addictive and absolutely amazing, Kary!!
Blessings
Maxine